This may be one of the simplest drink’s making techniques, but it still requires attention to detail to ensure a well-made drink. Fundamentally all that is required is to pour all the ingredients of a recipe into a glass with ice and ensure they are well combined.
- Take a clean glass.
- Add liquid ingredients.
- Ensure ingredients are well combined using a long spoon, or stirrer. Be gentle if carbonated ingredients are being used, you don’t want to over agitate the drink and loose carbonation.
- Ensure you leave enough space to pack the glass full of ice. A little more liquid can always be added after the ice is added.
- Taste to check balance of flavors
- Add as much ice as possible to the glass. The more ice the colder the drink gets and the slower the ice melts.
- Top up the glass if needed.
- Garnish and serve